Friday, April 10, 2009

Scent of a Woman--Win an ARC of WICKED LITTLE GAME!

    by Christine Wells

    As you'll know if you've read the teaser in the back of THE DANGEROUS DUKE, Lady Sarah Cole, the heroine in my July release, WICKED LITTLE GAME, makes and sells perfume to try to supplement her scoundrel husband's erratic income. Scent plays a large role in the story.

    Our sense of smell can be the most evocative of the senses, reminding us viscerally of certain experiences. Who can forget the whiff of stale sweaty socks and chalk dust of school days or the powdery softness of a newborn baby? The salty tang of the ocean, the fresh, green whiff of crushed pine needles, the pungent bush scent of eucalypt?

    How did you choose the perfume you use? Was it given to you, or did you go out and test hundreds before deciding on a signature fragrance? Do you use a particular scent all the time, or different ones for different occasions? Do you use scent because you feel a certain way, or because you want to feel a certain way? When I worked as a solicitor, I had a small bottle of Clinique's Happy in my purse. Guess why? *VBG*

    My favourite perfume of the moment is Chanel's Mademoiselle. I don't know whether it's the name, the branding, or just the way the sophisticated yet youthful scent makes me feel when I put it on. My parents gave it to me and they got it exactly right--I love it.

    Does perfume or some other scent evoke memories for you? I can't ever smell Georgio's Red without thinking of the ratfink boyfriend who gave it to me. It was a huge bottle and it was still half-full when we parted ways. I coined my own little advertising slogan for that perfume:

    Red. The fragrance that lingers longer than he does.

    Ha.

    So as our little Saturday game, I'd like you to come up with a fun advertising slogan for your favourite (or your most hated) smell. It can be perfume, it can be your son's sweaty socks, it can be mouldy cheese, whatever takes your fancy.

    My favourite answer will win an ARC of WICKED LITTLE GAME!!

    I forgot to announce a winner for last month's chocolate--the appeasement of Sven! DEB MARLOWE who suggested that Sven be the prize for the last person to comment on a particular day. Woohoo!

    Oh, and here's a sneak peek of the trailer I made for WICKED LITTLE GAME. Enjoy!

    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2009/04/scent-of-woman-win-arc-of-wicked-little.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive