Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just Friends

    by Beth

    It's time for another Launch Day Party in the Lair! My second release for Harlequin Superromance, A NOT-SO-PERFECT PAST, is out this month and I couldn't be more excited :-)

    A NOT-SO-PERFECT PAST is a follow-up to my debut, NOT WITHOUT HER FAMILY and I've had quite a few readers tell me they are really looking forward to Dillon's book (yay!)

    I've also had quite a few readers tell me they're surprised I didn't pair Dillon with Allie Martin, another secondary character in NOT WITHOUT HER FAMILY. Even my editor remarked that she thought Dillon and Allie would get together.

    I have to admit, I just can't see it. From the moment I first wrote about Dillon, I knew he was meant to be with Nina Carlson and I worked hard to make sure the scenes between him and Allie, while showing a close-knit friendship, lacked substantial attraction and sexual tension on either of their part. I knew they couldn't get together because...well...to be honest, they like each other too much. There's no conflict, nothing to warrant an entire story.

    Nothing that will have the reader asking: How on earth will these two ever get together?

    But, pair Dillon (an ex-convict with a huge chip on his shoulder) with Nina (a good girl, single mother with serious trust issues) and people wonder, not only how they'll get together, but how their relationship will help each character grow and change to become the people they are meant to be :-)

    In other words, putting Dillon and Allie together would've been too easy - on my characters! I do so like to make them work for their Happily-Ever-Afters *g*

    What about you? Were there two characters (in a book, TV show or movie) you felt were certain belonged together only to have them end up with someone else? Did the new pairing work or not? And for those who read Not Without Her Family, did you think Dillon and Allie would pair up? To celebrate my launch party, I'll pick one commenter to win a copy of A NOT-SO-PERFECT PAST!

    Here's the back cover blurb for A NOT-SO-PERFECT PAST:

    He’s the most dangerous man she’s ever met…


    Nina Carlson knows all about Dillon Ward. Knows he served time in prison. Knows nobody pulled out the welcome mat when he moved to Serenity Springs. But that doesn’t stop her from renting him a place to live. And when someone crashes into her bakery, he’s just the man to fix the damage.

    And Nina isn’t the only one who thinks Dillon’s the perfect man for the job: her two kids have taken a shine to him. Still, she can’t afford to get close to Dillon, even if he is tempting her to toss out her good girl shoes. Because it’s not that she doesn’t trust him. It’s that she doesn’t trust herself.

    For excerpts of my books, you can check out my website, http://www.bethandrews.net/ If you sign up for my newsletter, you'll automatically be entered in my monthly contests. This month I'm giving away a signed copy of Tawny's COMING ON STRONG. And check out my contest page for information on Tawny's and my BFF Bonanza contest!

    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2009/04/just-friends.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive