Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dreaming of Summer


    By Kirsten Scott

    By the time you read this, I'll be on an airplane, headed to Miami.

    That's right, baby. I'm going south. I've packed my bathing suit, my strappy sandals, and a few tank tops. Oh, and a suit or two. Because I'm going to a conference with the day job.

    This is one of those times I send up a little prayer of thanks for the day job. :-)

    It's been a long, cold winter. We've had lot of snow -- more than we should have in the Pacific NW -- and lots of cold rain. My bones are cold. My skin is pasty white. I'm crabby, a little plumper than I should be, and I've been eating a lot of bread. In short, I need summer.

    Everything seems more romantic in summer, doesn't it? You can walk on the beach with your sweetheart, hand in hand. You can share licks of an ice cream cone. You can taunt your man with tiny tanks and short skirts. Your skin gains that golden glow that only the sun can bring. For me, the summer also bring memories of stolen kisses and moonlit nights. Summer is for inappropriate relationships and silly flings that you know won't last.


    Summer lovin' anyone?

    Didn't we all love Grease because it took the best of all summer flings -- one with a bad boy you'd never date during a more reputable season, like fall -- and made it permanent? What a perfect fantasy. Dirty Dancing is the same story, isn't it? And what about Mystic Pizza? I never had a fling with a boy named Danny who rode a motorcycle, but I did have a summer affair with a boy in a vacation town I knew I'd never see again. And I love the memory of that boy, and wonder sometime what happened to him. But I also enjoy the fact that I'll never really know. 

    So while I'm flying to Miami, I wonder if you'll share some of your dreams of summer with me. What are you looking forward to the most? When you remember summers from the past, what do you remember? Garden-ripe tomatoes you can eat off the vine, frosty drinks in an outside bar, or maybe just sitting out under the stars? Ever have a summer fling with a bad boy? Tell all -- and let us fantasize about summer!!
    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2009/04/dreaming-of-summer.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive