Thursday, April 16, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

    by Christie Kelley

    It’s that time again. The annual trek to the Romantic Times convention. Last year it was held in Pittsburgh and the only plus to that was the fact that I could drive there. This year it is in sunny, warm Orlando, Florida! After the cold winter and very cool spring we’ve had in Maryland, I can’t wait to get there.

    So Monday morning, I’m getting on the plane and heading south. My 81-year-old mother is coming with me. She is a Disney fanatic so she is meeting me at the airport. We will spend two days at a Disney resort before heading over to the convention hotel. I have a feeling she will wear me out in the parks. My mother has more energy than most 50 year olds. After raising nine kids, I would think she’d want to rest, but not her.

    The conference officially starts on Wednesday, although RT has good beginning and advanced writer classes that are held on Monday and Tuesday. I found a few good workshops that I want to attend on Wednesday and Friday. Thursday evening, Kensington is having a cocktail party for its authors, which is always fun. I’m looking forward to seeing some of my author friends. Saturday is the big author signing.

    I know for certain, I won’t be the only bandita there either. Donna will be there and hopefully a few others. I will certainly be at the award luncheon cheering on our very own Donna and Jeanne who are both up for Reviewer Choice awards.


    This blog will be short today as I still have laundry, packing, dinners to cook and then freeze, and notes to write so my boys (including the big boy) know what has to be done and when. It’s exhausting just getting ready to be away from them for a week.

    So, it you’re planning to attend the conference, please let me know. And please stop by and see me at the book signing. New authors are very needy. If not, have you attended a readers or writers conference? What did you love/hate about it? When is the next conference you plan to attend? If you haven’t been to a conference, what would make you want to go?
    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2009/04/leaving-on-jet-plane.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive