Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Partying, YA Style!

    Ack! I'm late to my own launch party. How sad is that? But that's what happens when you work late on revisions and decide to sleep in the next morning. You wake up suddenly with the thought, "Crap! I forgot to post my tony margareth blog!"

    But never fear, I'm here and we're going to talk...teenage heartthrobs. Why? Because tomorrow is the launch day for my first young adult novel, Heartbreak River, written under the name Tricia Mills. I'm hooking my launch party caboose onto Tawny's party train from yesterday so we can keep the fun going. And for the purposes of this post, I'm going to expand the definition of teenage heartthrob a bit to define those actors/musicians/celebrities of any sort for whom we all held crushes when we were teenagers. The ones who made us buy those goofy teen magazines like Tiger Beat. Well, maybe p226 didn't buy those. :)

    I went through my Duran Duran and Bon Jovi phases (okay, I still like them both).

    And I went through phases where it was all about whoever was cute on the popular TV show of the time -- like The Young Riders. Loved that show since it was about young people and was a western set along the Pony Express routes. A young Josh Brolin was one of the stars.

    And when I was even younger, I totally loved Harrison Ford. See, at that time, I didn't realize he was old enough to be my dad. So, I loved him as Han Solo and Indiana Jones.


    Oh, and John Schneider, who played Bo Duke on the Dukes of Hazzard. Have to say he's still easy to watch, as he played Jonathon Kent, Clark's dad, on Smallville. And speaking of Smallville, Tom Welling, who plays Clark Kent, is totally a heartthrob. And yes, he's younger than me. :)


    Yesterday, over at the Geek Girls blog, Tawny asked me who would play the leads, Alexandra and Sean, in Heartbreak River if it was made into a movie. I had to think for a few minutes, but I came up with the lovely Emma Roberts (niece of Julia, daughter of Eric) and Taylor Kitsch from Friday Night Lights and the upcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

    So here are my questions for you:

    1. Who were the heartthrobs you swooned over when you were a teen?

    2. If you're a writer and could cast the leads in a movie based on your book, who would they be.

    Some lucky commenter will win a copy of Heartbreak River.Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2009/04/partying-ya-style.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive