Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Rooster Takes Orlando!



    by Donna MacMeans

    Hi - First wanted to announce the winner of Lisa Cooke's blog on Tuesday. MsHellion - you're the winner! Please contact Lisa at cooke57@yahoo.com with your information.


    Second - BIG NEWS! Romantic Times announced the winners of their 2009 awards and yours truly won Best Historical Love and Laughter! I'll accept the award on Friday -- right before the Vampire Ball.


    So that's where you'll find the GR and I - down here in sunny Orlando at the RT Convention.


    We packed our bags and boarded the airplane. The GR insisted he could fly on his own but when I insisted he'd be too tired for the planned events, he relented and claimed the window seat.



    We didn't even make it out of the Orlando airport when the GR tried to pick up chicks.


    We arrived at the Wynham Hotel and the GR insisted on leading the way to the room.

    He consulted Sheila Clover English of Circle of Seven about making a book trailer. The GR gives new meaning to the term "hunt and peck".







    The GR checks out his competition in the arms of cover model CJ Hollenbach - you know, one "rooster" to another.



    The cheeky bird flirts with Kensington author Delilah Marvelle



    and inspires Linnea Sinclair to violence with her space blaster.



    After spending the night in the bar sharing stories with romance reader Bud Rice (husband of Ellora's Cave author Dee Brice), but GR signed the bar bill to my room. Now how am I going to explain that $500 tab on my credit card???



    Finally, Kensington author Sally MacKenzie reduced the GR to a pool of fur, feathers and alcohol.




    I just wanted to leave you with this - the floor show of the Ellora's Cave models.

    And so while the GR and I are out circulating among the fans of romance down here in Orlando, I can't promise that I'll be able to drop in frequently to answer questions and comments - but I promise I will read them. I'll send promo items gathered from RT (including a book) to two commentors from today's blog. In that spirit, tell me - what's your favorite kind of promo? Can't guarantee that I'll find it here on promotion lane, but I'll send the GR out to "peck" out the best.
    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2009/04/rooster-takes-orlando.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive