Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Who are you crushing on?

    by Tawny

    Joanie-T's blog made me smile. I mean, it was ELVIS! Hot guy, big... talent, what's not to grin about? Then it made me think of all those crushes I've had through the years. Oh, not the boy in homeroom crushes. The totally out of reach fantasy crushes. The OMG squealing giggly crushes. The posters stained with lipgloss crushes. And most recently, the cardboard standup of Captain Jack Sparrow crush (hey, Trish... I have Will Turner, too)


    So I thought, for today's blog, I'd take on you a trip down Crush Lane.

    My first crush was Davy Jones. Ahhhhh the Monkees. Fun music, campy skits, days and days of reruns. I secretly called myself Mrs. Jones and giggled while I played on the swingset with my friends, Mrs. Dolenz, Mrs. Nesmith and Mrs. Tork. I loved Peter's sense of humor, Mickey's goofiness and Mike's beanie, but Davy? Oh sigh. He was SO cute!






    After Davy came my first SERIOUS crush. Poster crush. Album and TV show (Hardy Boys, anyone) crush. Oh baby, Shawn Cassidy was hot. My bedroom was a shrine to his perfectly feathered hair.


    He was soooo cute, and the start of my rocker crushing. I love a guy in a band. After Shawn was a brief, but torrid crush on Paul Stanley of KISS (I made a pillow of his face. Seriously).


    Then I found 21 Jump Street. le Sigh...







    I juggled crushes then, my Johnny crush and the total hots for my long-term rocker crush, the hottest of the hair band hotties, Jon Bon Jovi! I crushed on him until he tried acting. Then my balloon sort of burst. I still can't quite figure out why. I'm still totally hot for his music, though!


    After Jon, I sort of drifted. You know, marriage does take its toll on crushes. In between crushing on my sweetie of a hubby, I did still have a secret yen for Johnny in his bad boy, hotel-room trashing, wild aardvark visiting days.



    and then there was Captain Jack... Johnny's hottest inspiring look. I don't know what it is about that swishy hero, but he totally hooked me. Maybe it's his sweet naughtiness, the wicked glint in his eye or just the fact that I'm a diehard Johnny crusher, but I publicly crush on him all the time. My husband, bless him, thinks it's because Captain Jack has such hot boots. I let him think that ;-)

    So how about you? Did you totally crush on rock stars or movie stars? Did you outgrow the poster stage or do you still wipe lip gloss off the hottie on your wall? Who is YOUR ultimate crush?
    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2008/08/who-are-you-crushing-on.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive