Friday, August 22, 2008

Songs for Submissions

    by Donna MacMeans

    Do you remember the TV show Ally McBeal? I used to love that show. Ally was an attorney that worked with an ecletric Boston law firm. You might recall one of the threads dealt with personal theme songs. Ally had several. The Peter MacNicol character (Cage) channeled songs & dance routines to boost his self confidence.

    In San Francisco I attended a motivational workshop which suggested everyone should have their own personal theme song to sing to themselves when a motivational push is needed. Facing a scary job interview? Sing to yourself first (grin). Of course it has to be a motivational inspirational sort of song.

    Do you have a personal theme song?

    Mine is Defying Gravity from Wicked. This is the showstopper, you know, the one they toss in right before intermission - the one that keeps playing in your head as you head out for souvenir CDs. Any way, here's a part of the lyrics:

    Something has changed within me.
    Something is not the same.
    I'm through with playing by the rules of someone elses game.
    Too late for second-guessing.
    Too late to go back to sleep!
    It's time to trust my instincts.
    Close my eyes, and leap!
    It's time to trust my instincts.
    Close my eyes, and leap!
    It's time to try defying gravity.
    I think I'll try defying gravity, and you can't pull me down!

    If you're unfamiliar with the song, try this link: http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/wicked/defyinggravity.htm

    (I couldn't imbed the youtube version, but they do the full song on the clip on the website.)

    Now personally, I think this is great music for mailing submissions. I have it on my ipod and play it when things aren't going great - it always pumps me back up.

    I had this song playing in my head when I wrote THE TROUBLE WITH MOONLIGHT so it's only appropriate that a copy is the prize for today.

    Do you have a theme song? There's some great ones out there. Does it help when times are tough? Anyone have accompanying dance moves? (I do mine while walking the dog at night) Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2008/08/songs-for-submissions.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive