Friday, August 8, 2008

No Rest for the Weary...or is it the Wicked?

    Conference is so much fun. It's hard too. The thing is, it takes days to get over that east coast to west coast, west coast to east coast thing. What gets me too is that when you're at conference, there's all this energy to keep you going, even when you SHOULD be asleep so you can be sharp the next day! Ha! Then, you come home.

    The house is a mess, the dog hasn't been walked since you left, and the laundry...shudder...don't even get me started on the laundry. (Actually, DO get me started so it doesn't take over the world!)

    What I need to be doing, however is capitalizing on the meet-n-greets, the agent appointments and the editor meetings I had in San Francisco. I'm a business woman. Follow up is key to success. Why is it then that its Thursday and I haven't sent an email or letter out? Because I'm still recovering from plane and jet lag induced head cold. Bleeeech. I didn't want to write something or send something when I wasn't on top of my game. I think I've slept more in weird times - napping, ugh! - this week than I have since I was pregnant with my youngest.

    So, if you went to SF, were you weary or wickedly energized when you got home? What about when you go to a professional conference in your "other life"?

    Were you Johnny-on-the-spot with the requests or did you wait, plan, or procrastinate?

    Do you have a request pending, perhaps from another conference? What can we do to help you get it out the door?Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2008/08/no-rest-for-wearyor-is-it-wicked.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive