Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Must Confess

    by Beth Andrews

    I love fashion. I love reading fashion magazines, watching TV shows about fashion such as Project Runway and What Not To Wear, I even love to sew. While I don't consider myself particularly fashionable or stylish, I have learned over the years what looks good on me (boot leg jeans) and what to avoid at all costs (pencil skirts and wide leg capris).


    However, when I came across this list of The Best of the Worst Fashion Fads, I realized how far astray my fashion sense has roamed over my lifetime. So, in an effort to clear my conscience, I give you the list of The Best of the Worst Fashion Fads along with my delcaration of guilt (or innocence) about each offense.

    1. Mega Shoulder Pads -- Innocent! Thank goodness I never aspired to look like an NFL linebacker (although the women of Dynasty seemed to love 'em).

    2. Ponchos - Guilty. The first time (or at least, the first time I remember) ponchos were popular was the mid 70's and I happily wore the colorful knit poncho my mom had made me. The second coming of ponchos was just a few short years ago and while my older daughter avoided them like the plague, my younger one (then in preschool) had one and even though I know ponchos are just plain wrong, she looked darn cute in hers :-)

    3. Spandex Pants - Innocent. Me + Spandex = Scary. 'Nough said.

    4. Midi Skirts - Innocent. Mostly because these were before my time *g*

    5. Big Hair - Guilty (and proud of it *g*) I can't think of anyone (other than my mother who has had the same hairstyle forever) who didn't have big hair in the 80's (my sister's hair was shorter but still seemed to take up more space. That girl had BIG HAIR)

    6. Stirrup Pants - Guilty. Yep, I had some stirrup pants, I think I even had a pair of stirrup jeans and yes, I believe I even wore them with flats. For those poor pants that didn't have stirrups already sewn onto them, I had the elastic clips that attached to the hem to keep my pants inside my boots (I had some really great boots in the 80's)

    7. Visible Thong - Innocent. And really, REALLY glad of it :-)

    8. Mullet - (sigh) Guilty. I had one for about a year while I waited for the sides of my hair to grow out.

    9. Shrugs - Innocent. Although I have to admit, I thought some shrugs were sort of cute *g*

    10. Harem Pants - Guilty. I had a pair of black ones I wore on my honeymoon (I was a child bride - and look how unhappy I was to be wearing them! And don't even get me started on those fingernails. Holy cow.) Besides harem pants, I had a pair of jeans (acid washed almost white) that were high waisted, with pleats (pleats! So becoming) and a tapered ankle. They were soooo wrong.

    11. Acid Wash Jeans - Guilty. Hey, didn't I mention I was a teen in the 80's? *g*
    12. Low Rise Jeans - Innocent. I do wear low rise jeans but I believe the list is referring to super low rise jeans. You know, the ones that go really, and I mean really-oh-my-gosh-I-think-I-can- see-things-I'm-not-supposed-to-see-that-is-indecent-low.

    So, now that I've admitted some of my fashion failings (and shared some really bad pictures of myself) let's hear from you. Are you guilty of any of the aforementioned Fashion Flubs? Any Fashion Flubs they missed? (I can think of a few *g*)

    I'll pick one lucky commenter to win a copy of our own Tawny Weber's Blaze, Does She Dare? And don't forget to pick up a copy of Tawny's latest Blaze, Risque Business (out next week!) a makeover story where the heroine learns how to dress to look and feel her best *g*
    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-must-confess.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive