Monday, February 16, 2009

The Friend Phenomenon

    By Christie Kelley

    Confession time: I have been sucked into Facebook. It really wasn’t my fault. All I did was sign up one day because one of my friends thought I should join all the other writers doing it.

    Suddenly I have new friends popping up all over the place. Every time I check my emails, there is another person (usually I don’t know) wanting to be friends with me.

    And the weird thing is I’m really enjoying it!

    I am not the extrovert type. I like a small circle of close friends and my bandita buddies. Maybe that's why I like Facebook so much. I can quickly see what my friends are doing and make a quick comment if I have the time. If I'm busy, I can skip logging on that day. It's my decision.

    I’d always thought Facebook was a high school and college thing. Something has happened over the past few years and now it’s just become a cool place to hang out and find old friends and new ones too. Every day, I have to go and find out what everyone is up to at that moment. I get drawn in to crazy things like posting 21 things about myself or answering 48 strange questions. And if I wasn’t on deadline I probably would have finished those questions!

    I promise once I turn this manuscript into my editor, I will answer those questions and tag people for their responses.

    My husband also just got on Facebook and he complained and whined about it for the first week. Now, he comes into my office every day to tell me about another person who friended him on Facebook. Someone he hasn’t talked to in years. He's loving it.

    So how about you? Have you been sucked into Facebook too? Or maybe Myspace is your thing? Do you love it? Hate it? Let me know. And while you’re thinking about, friend me! Write on my wall. I’ll write back, promise!

    Okay, it might be after March 1st when the deadline book is finished but I will do it! And by the way, my 16 year old son won't friend me.
    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2009/02/friend-phenomenon.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive