Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thank you, thank you, thank you...


    by Donna MacMeans

    So did you watch the academy awards last night? I had planned to - if only to watch Hugh Jackman, but alas - I missed the first hour.

    I did get to see some of the more memorable acceptance speeches though. I liked the one - I believe it was Danny Boyle accepting yet another oscar for Slumdog Millionaire (which was a fabulous movie!) - and he jumped up and down as he imagined Tigger would do.

    Now I realize most of the acceptance speeches are pretty boring, especially to those of us that are not on a first name basis with all the people they are thanking - but I also know that the opportunity to give a very public Thank You is probably more important to the winner then that gold statuette they receive.

    I enjoy the speeches that are obviously unprepared that are spoken with shock, humility, and pure affection. I had the privilege of being able to deliver one public thank you in Atlanta a few years ago - and so I thought it might be nice if we all could offer a public acceptance speech for ...whatever we feel we should be recognized for (getting up this morning, staying sane while raising children, grocery shopping, etc.)

    Now imagine yourself in a beautiful designer gown with an artfully crafted hairdo and professionally applied make-up. The microphone is in front of you, a gold trophy to recognize your many talents in your hand. What do you say?

    I'll award someone with their choice of one of my books (choose between IN A HEARTBEAT, THE EDUCATION OF MRS. BRIMLEY or THE TROUBLE WITH MOONLIGHT). Let's hear your acceptance speech.

    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2009/02/thank-you-thank-you-thank-you.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive