Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What's On Your Nightstand

    by Tawny

    I love those teensy little peeks into character's psyches. You know the ones that they don't even realize tell so much about them.

    You know the kind. Peek into the fridge to find a moldy piece of fruit, some dried up lunchmeat and a six pack of beer. Probably a bachelor who spends very little time at home and never EVER entertains there (outside the bedroom *g*). A glance through a heroines closet and you see jeans, neatly-pressed tee shirts and one single out-of-style suit gives quite an insight into her life, doesn't it? Especially if her roommate's closet is filled from floor to ceiling with shoe boxes and packed tight with designer dresses and sparkly eveningwear.

    I love those little peeks, don't you? I love it even more when they make me think. You know, like that closet filled with blue jeans and plain white tee shirts AND the sparkly evening dresses. Now you know that heroine has a fun story to read, right? Just like when you read Anna Campbell's Tempt The Devil - the scene where Olivia and Julian first meet and Olivia is holding a fan covered in sexy images... you know this is one wild woman.

    In my current release, YOU HAVE TO KISS A LOT OF FROGS in the Blazing Bedtime Story anthology, my heroine wears drab-colored button up shirts, loose slacks and very little makeup to work. But when she's away on what she 'thinks' will be a private weekend, she indulges in bright colors, filmy fabrics and sexy lingerie. What do you think that says about her?

    So - in the peeking spirit, I pose you this question. Instead of digging into our closets (which always makes me think I need to be cleaning for some reason) Whats on YOUR nightstand right now? No editing *g*

    On mine? My wedding photo collage and the poem What Is Marriage, some crystals and fairy statues, my contact lens solution, a reading light, two pens (but oddly enough, no paper), lavender-scented hand lotion and a stack of books: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, The Asperger Answer Book, Story, Getting the Words Right and Excuses Be Gone. (Can you tell that while I'm in writing mode, I tend to avoid romance fiction for bedtime reading?)

    I'll pick two random commenters to win any books from my backlist. Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-on-your-nightstand.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive