Saturday, January 16, 2010

Spring is right around the corner

    by Christie Kelley

    Or so my husband keeps telling me. I'm not sure I believe him, and I'm usually the optimistic one. Personally, I'm tired of winter already. After almost two feet of snow before Christmas and temperatures barely reaching 20 degrees, I want spring. NOW! I'm sick of being cold.

    Although, if today is any indication, maybe spring will be here soon. With temperatures in the mid-40s, I went for a nice long walk to the river and watched the seagulls trying to walk across the ice. They do a little better than me, but not by much. The geese were out honking as they flew around looking for a break in the ice.


    So maybe spring is right around the corner. In the spirit of that thought, maybe if we all think about spring and what we love about it, we'll make it through the rest of the winter.

    For me, the first signs of spring used to be the robins returning. But since I've moved to Maryland I discovered that the many of the robins stay all year long. Two days ago, there were about ten in my front yard.

    Now, it's the sound of geese returning to Canada. Living near the Chesapeake Bay, we hear them by the hundreds as they making their way north. I love the sound of their honking as they fly through the spring sky.

    Then there is the signs of flowers popping up in my yard. It's far too soon here, although, we have had warmer winters that caused the daffodils to pop up in February. I would be surprised if that happens this year but I won't give up hope!


    So what about you? Are you sick of winter yet? What do you love about spring? Tell me all about it.
    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2010/01/spring-is-right-around-corner.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive