Sunday, January 24, 2010

An Open Letter to Amy Adams

    By Kate

    I’m taking this opportunity to write an open letter to actress Amy Adams. Besides being adorable, she strikes me as classy and discerning, so I have no doubt that she lurks here every day, just waiting for someone to say her name. So here goes …


    Ames,

    (See, I call her Ames because I know we’ll be best friends as soon as we meet, and I want to start off with the right, casual tone. She hates it when anyone else calls her Ames, but from me, she finds it endearing.)

    Ames,

    My name is Kate Carlisle. I write a series of books called the Bibliophile Mysteries, and you would be perfect in the role of heroine Brooklyn Wainwright. Now, I realize people probably send you scripts all the time these days, but I promise, this is even better. There is no script. Just two books so far – Homicide in Hardcover and If Books Could Kill – with more planned in the future, so this is something you and I could develop with our new production team, Best Friends Forever! I have a lot of experience in Hollywood already--and I’m not just talking about The Gong Show. Seriously, just read the bio on my website, and you’ll see what I mean.

    What makes you so perfect for the role of Brooklyn Wainwright? Let me count the ways.

    1. You like men with accents.

    I’ve seen the previews for Leap Year, and those long, lingering looks that you throw at Matthew Goode, your Irish costar, heat up the screen. (I know I should go see the movie in the theater since we’re best friends and all, and I want to, really. But I’ve got a deadline bearing down on me and my editor has hidden the key to the shackles chaining me to my desk here in the cave. I promise, though, I will buy the DVD and make it an annual tradition to watch the movie on February 29. I’ll make it a whole Irish evening thing, with corned beef and cabbage and lots of beer. Fun!)

    Brooklyn’s romantic foil is the oh-so-sexy Derek Stone. When creating the character of Scotsman Derek, I was inspired by Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan, Daniel Craig … pretty much everyone who's ever played James Bond, except Roger Moore. (Sorry, Roger!) So you’ll get to kiss someone very sexy!

    2. You don’t age.

    I realize that you probably do age, but you certainly don’t look like it. In fact, like Leap Year, you look like you have one birthday for every mortal’s four. You’re 35? Seriously?! If I didn’t love you so much, I’d hate you.

    Brooklyn’s going to be around for years, I hope. Just like you. And me! Together, we can create a cinema powerhouse, with each sequel getting better and better.

    3. There’s no role for Meryl Streep.

    It’s all you, baby. Top billing. Even your love interest is a secondary character. Eye candy for the women in the audience. Meryl stole your thunder in Julie & Julia and Doubt, but in the movie version of If Books Could Kill, you’re the star.

    Although … she is Meryl Streep. If she asks for a role, whattaya say we toss her a bone? She can play your kooky mother. But her name goes below the title. My loyalty is with you, Ames. Always.

    Please have your people call my people. Er … my person. Er … me. (Note to self: Get some people.) They can email me via my website. I will be delighted to send you a free copy of If Books Could Kill … even though I never understood why people want to give free stuff to wealthy celebrities who can afford to buy anything they want. But for you, I’ll do it. Because, after all, we’re best friends.

    Love, hugs, and laughter,
    Kate



    So what do you think? Will she call? And who do you think should play Derek Stone to her Brooklyn Wainwright? The easy answer is Daniel Craig. And after seeing him in swimming trunks, I think we can all agree he’s always the right answer. But let’s think of some other actors in case Danny (who insists I call him Danny!) is unavailable.

    Today I'm giving away an ARC of If Books Could Kill to one random commenter! And be sure to stop by the Lair next Tuesday for the fabulous If Books Could Kill launch party! Fun, prizes, cocktails, cabana boys, woohoo!!

    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2010/01/open-letter-to-amy-adams.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive