Friday, January 22, 2010

The Games We Play

    Posted by Donna MacMeans

    Christmas is over, the presents unwrapped. This year we had some requests for some games under the tree, and now - when ice coats the road and snow piles up outside - we can enjoy those games around the kitchen table.



    I had to laugh, though. As some of those familiar games that I remember from long ago have a different look. Like these:





    Harry Potter Clue. I found versions of this game based on the TV series The Office and 24. I hope they kept Miss Scarlett and Colonel Mustard!








    Monopoly - There's nothing like the classic, but different versions keep hitting the market. I know you've seen the versions based on different cities and colleges. I found one based on dogs (to the right there), one based on Star Trek and another based on the Wizard of Oz.






    I remember playing Life out on the back porch. Filling my plastic car with sticks (babies) and choosing whether to go the long way for a college education or go straight for a career. Not sure those are options in Redneck Life. I think I'd just like to read that game board.





    Here's a new version of the classic Scrabble game called Bananagram.


    I've played this game. It's a lot faster than scrabble and there's no triple word scores or adding up of scores. Though the instructions say it can be played with two people, it's one of those games that would be a lot more fun with a lot more people.



    Anyway, as I was looking for fun games as gifts, I found quite a few that might be good to stock in the bandit lair. I picked out some games that I thought might appear to certain banditas. I challenge you to match the games to the bandita. By the way, the above games are included in the match as well.



    Sherlock Holmes anyone? This is 221B Baker Street









    Then there's Colosseum...










    Or How about A HOT AFFAIR. (I found that one in games for adults.)






    Here's a classic - Chutes & Ladders - Superhero Style










    We do like our wine in the lair, and who doesn't love a good murder mystery?









    Wordplay had good reviews on Amazon. It's a game about finding words with specified letters to fit certain categories. Don't think they're asking for Haikus, but it looked like it could be fun.










    Anglophiles, anyone?








    Okay, it's not a board game but it's all about the wild, wild west...






    I don't think you have to be a senior to have a senior moment, but it helps.










    Here's a timely game, Stick it to the IRS. It's a game of tax shelters, and no - purchase of the game is not tax deductible.







    How about a passport to culture?









    I had to add this last game because who could resist Storming the Castle with Wesley and Buttercup and the Dread Pirate Roberts.



    Do you like board games? How would you match up my picks to the bandits? Any other games you'd like to add to the collection? It's Saturday, time to kick back and play.
    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2010/01/games-we-play.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive