Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What happened to great Christmas movies?

    by Anna Sugden

    I admit it - I'm a sucker for feel-good Christmas movies. One of my treats, as I'm decorating the house, is to put on some classic Christmas movies and indulge in schmaltz! I'll sing along to the songs and quote my favourite lines and sigh happily )yes, even shed a tear) at my favourite parts.

    My faves are:

    White Christmas

    Christmas in Connecticut (the original Barbara Stanwyck version not the horrid Dyan Cannon one!)

    Scrooged! (also Scrooge - the musical one)


    The Muppets' Christmas Carol

    Shop Around the Corner

    Miracle on 34th Street (both versions)

    It's a Wonderful Life







    The Holiday (despite Jude Law's acting)

    Polar Express

    I was very disappointed this year to go to the channel which was 24 hour Christmas films to find ... not very much at all. Oh, they were Christmas movies, but most of them were awful! Lame, poorly acted and downright silly. Some of the stories were so weak that I couldn't even watch the whole thing.

    I will admit also that I'm not a fan of the Home Alone movies or anything with Adam Sandler/Jim Carey/Will Ferrel or Ben Stiller. *ducking* So that kind of wipes out a few that might be faves for other people!

    Thank goodness for Debbie Macomber and her Call Me Mrs Miracle - a TV adaptation of the second of her Mrs Miracle books - the only one I found worth watching. As an aside, I'd love to see her Shirley, Goodness and Mercy books made into movies!

    What happened to great, feel-good Christmas movies? Why don't people make them anymore? Perhaps they do and I haven't seen them.

    Tell me - which are your favourite Christmas movies? Have you seen any great Christmas movies that were made recently? Are there any great Christmas romances you'd like to see turned into movies?

    I'm giving away an extra prize today, thanks to Lair favourite Kate Walker. She's offered up a copy of the latest edition of her fabulous craft book 12 Point Guide to Writing Romance.

    It's FINALLY here! The tony margareth 12 Days of Christmas Booty. Every day between now and Christmas, one lucky commenter per day will win a daily prize and on some days, additional goodies from that day's blogging Bandita or guest. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we'll give away more booty including autographed books, GR mugs and much more! Come join us! Tell your friends! Let's make the Season BRIGHT!Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-happened-to-great-christmas-movies.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive