Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Collection



    by Beth


    I'm not much of a collector. Oh, I've started collections before: My mom used to buy us Precious Moments figurines for Christmas every year but after awhile, we all had so many, we really didn't want any more *g* As a teen, I tried to collect music boxes until I realized how expensive a hobby that was (although the ones I have hold a special place in my heart!) I'm not really much of a 'saver' and have no problems tossing things out that hold no use to me. But there is something I've collected over the years, items that threaten to take over my house every Christmas:

    Christmas books!

    Children's Christmas books to be exact :-)

    This obsession...er...collection started innocently enough. I wanted a special gift I could get for my kids each year, something they could take with them when they moved out that could be used or passed down to their own children. My first thought was to get them each an ornament. Unfortunately, I had a hard time finding ornaments I actually liked well enough to spend money on *g*



    So I came up with the idea of buying them each a Christmas book. My hope was that they would save their books and be able to pass them down to their own children someday. I have to admit, I love buying this gift each year! I get such a kick out of taking the books out and displaying them as part of our Christmas decorations and I always re-read my favorite ones.

    I honestly love these books so much, I almost don't want the kids to take them! I'm sort of hoping they'll want to leave them with me until they have children who can appreciate them *g*



    Some of our favorites are: A version of The Night Before Christmas with pictures by Mary Englebreit

    Are You Grumpy Santa? about poor Santa getting grumpy after a bad day

    Merry Un-Christmas, about how special an ordinary day would be if the other 364 days of the year were Christmas


    Olivia Helps With Christmas, about a little pig with a big imagination who helps her family get ready for the holiday

    So far this year I've bought: It's Christmas, David! about a mishcevious boy who's always being told "No" and I See Santa Everywhere - about a boy who thinks Santa is stalking him year 'round (but only to check to see if he's naughty or nice) *g*



    Do you have any Christmas collections? Any items you buy every year for your kids or someone else on your list?

    It's FINALLY here! The tony margareth 12 Days of Christmas Booty! Every day between now and Christmas, one lucky commenter per day will win a daily prize and on some days, additional goodies from that day's blogging Bandita or guest. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we'll give away bigger prizes, including autographed books, GR mugs and much more! Come join us! Tell your friends! Let's make the Season BRIGHT!Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-collection.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive