Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween Yumminess

    by Tawny

    I know, I know, Halloween is really more Jeanne's province. But we're
    building our haunted mansion this week (cardboard, scrapbook paper, glitter and flocked bats - oh my!) and it got me thinking about the upcoming holiday and all the ensuing fun.

    It also got me thinking that, despite my best intentions, every year I'm scrambling the last week to get organized and prepared. We're hitting the grocery store the week before the holiday, grabbing whatever Halloween=ish ingredients we can. I recall one year, I was up until 1am making witch hats for the annual party while trying to get that stupid iced-up rubber glove for the punch bowl to quit leaking in my freezer. It's similar to the pre-Thanksgiving craziness of making individual mini pumpkin place settings, or the pre-Christmas 'have to have a gingerbread house' race on the 23rd. Or the list of wonderful friends I want to send those handmade cards I never get made.

    In other words, I'm an overachieving procrastinator. I'm incapable of letting the holiday's go with just a celebratory nod, but never quite get my act together early enough to do justice to all my plans.

    But this year!!! Oh yeah, this year I'm gonna rock. I'm even taking a workshop that combines crafting and scrapbooking with organizing. I have lists, I have plans, I have many options for distracting myself on the way to achieving those lists and plans. I've even bought my first Christmas gift (jammies for my girls).

    But before I jump forward that far, I have Halloween to attack... I mean, enjoy. In addition to completing our holiday mansion in a timely manner, we're creating a costume. I wear my witches garb every year, and my oldest doesn't dress up any longer (pout) but my youngest is going on safari, complete with a whole host of stuff wild animals :-) And I'm definitely making my very favorite fall treats - caramel apples!

    So how about you? Are you holiday organized or joining my procrastinators club? Do you dress up for Halloween yourself? And whats your favorite Halloween treat? Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2010/10/halloween-yumminess.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive