Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall is in the Air!

    by Christie Kelley

    While Anna and Christine (and all our Bandita Buddies in the Southern Hemisphere) are enjoying spring, here in Maryland it’s fall. And I love it! I’m writing this on Thursday but it doesn’t really feel like fall here yet. Some of the leaves are starting to fall but most of the trees have only just started to turn. Not to mention, it’s almost 80 degrees here.

    Luckily, a cold front is heading our way.


    Fall is that time to hunker down and make sure every thing is in working order before winter comes. This year, I’ll have heat!! For anyone who wasn’t reading the blog last winter, my home was being remodeled and for 4 months I lived in a house with only two portable heaters. It was cozy living in one room with my husband and two boys but this year, I’ll have two gas fireplaces and working heat pumps. I’m actually looking forward to the cooler weather.

    Fall makes me want to bake things like warm cookies with cinnamon. Last night with all the windows opened, I made peanut butter cookies and banana bread. With the warm weather, it just wasn't the same.

    Fall also brings one of my favorite holidays: Halloween. There's nothing more fun than handing out candy to the little kids all dressed up. Their excitement is contagious.

    And for some reason fall makes me want to start things. I guess it’s good that I just received word that Zebra wants three more books. So I’ll have a lot to start this fall and winter.

    What does fall put you in the mood for? (well, that didn't come out right) What do you enjoy doing in the fall?

    Or if you're in the land of sping, what do you enjoy doing in the spring that you don't or can't do in other seasons?

    Today (Friday) my husband and I are packing up the kids and taking them the Shenandoah Mountains in western Virginia. We plan on doing Luray Caverns one day and maybe a hike up Old Rag Mountain on Saturday. So if I’m not responding much to comments today, that’s the reason.
    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2008/10/fall-is-in-air.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive