Sunday, March 20, 2011

Reality Or Fiction?


    by Beth

    Reality is taking over our television sets. Now, I don't know about you but I get quite enough reality just living my life, thanks all the same. I don't want to add more to it during my down time. If I had to choose between all Reality shows or Fiction shows, I'll choose fiction every time.

    That's not to say I don't enjoy certain Reality programs. One of my favorite shows to watch is Top Chef (currently Top Chef All Stars) and Top Chef Masters (coming soon with a new host!) and back when Project Runway was on Bravo, my daughter and I caught every episode. I've also watched a few episodes of American Idol and Dancing With the Stars and enjoyed them both and I'll admit I enjoy watching the weigh-in at the end of each episode of The Biggest Loser to see how far the contestants have come. And, of course, I love cooking shows which I'm going to say are reality TV although with no contests, name calling or drunken escapades :-)

    I prefer to be entertained by a great story told with excellent writing, superb characterization and unexpected plot twists and turns. I want to suspend my disbelief when watching Eureka, a fun, fabulous and witty program on the SyFy channel. I want to hang on the edge of my seat and try to figure out who-done-it in shows like Detroit 187 and The Closer. I want to laugh at the happenings going on during The Office.


    For the most part, I want scripted TV. I want that fantasy.

    However, I'm in the minority in my house as my daughters love their reality shows such as America's Next Top Model, Jersey Shore and Daisy Of Love - just a few that have caught their attention.

    What about you? Do you prefer Reality shows or scripted TV? What are some of your favorite shows on now?
    Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2011/03/reality-or-fiction.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive