Monday, August 10, 2009

Another Stupid Love Song...Well, Ten More, Actually

    by Christine Wells

    If you read this blog, I'm guessing you are probably a romantic at heart. So as I'm in the mood for making lists, I thought I'd share my playlist of "Songs to Write Romance By" today.

    You'll notice some are classics, some are die-hard schmaltzy love songs from 80s hair bands, some are popular right now and might slip off the list at any time. I'm sure I've forgotten lots of favourites, and these are in no particular order:

    1. Slave to Love by Roxy Music (this is definitely Vane's signature song in WICKED LITTLE GAME:)

    2. Wicked Game by Chris Isaak (Chris Isaak. Enough said. And yes, that is where the title of WICKED LITTLE GAME sprang from.)

    3. I'm On Fire by Bruce Springsteen

    4. Kiss from a Rose by Seal (wildly romantic)

    5. Love Rears Its Ugly Head by Living Color (Love the fear of commitment theme here. Perfect for so many of our heroes)

    6. Don't Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith

    7. Love Story by Taylor Swift (mainly for the cute video--thanks, Nancy!)

    8. Take My Breath Away by Berlin (ahhh)

    9. Love Letters in the Sand by Skid Row (yes, I was a teenager in the 80s!)

    10. It's Only the Beginning by Deborah Conway

    OK, you can laugh at me now, I don't mind, or better still, come on and hit me your favourite love songs. I know you must have many I haven't listed here.

    If you're a writer, do you listen to music while you write? Is it instrumental or does it have lyrics? Often, if I really need to block out every outside noise, I go for Mozart. Most often, I'm writing at 4am in silence but occasionally, I like to play some of these songs to get me in a particular mood for a scene. If you're feeling like a challenge, how about matching up a song with your favourite romance or your favourite romance character? Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2009/08/another-stupid-love-songwell-ten-more.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive