Friday, July 3, 2009

Giving Thanks


    By Kirsten Scott

    It's the Fourth of July, and most of the folks in the United States will spend some portion of the day 1) having a picnic; 2) setting off firecrackers; 3) relaxing with friends and family. Even if you aren't in the USA, I hope you're doing one of those three things, or perhaps all three (even better!).

    We usually set aside Thanksgiving to think of things we're grateful for, but since this is Independence Day, and I'm grateful as heck for my country, the military folks that sacrifice and work to protect it, and all the people who make this a remarkable place to live, I thought maybe we'd try a mid-year day of thanksgiving. No sense waiting until November, right?

    This Independence Day, I'm grateful for my family. I'm grateful to have a job. I'm grateful for the Banditas, the BBs, and people who appreciate a good chicken joke.

    I'm grateful for the teachers and social workers and everyone else who make huge sacrifices to care for others. I'm grateful for my husband, who cooks and cleans and takes care of the kids while I'm working, or writing, or doing yoga. I'm grateful to my editor, who makes my books better.



    I'm grateful for the baristas at the coffee shops I frequent who make it possible for me to get some writing done without being interrupted by my family, the piles of laundry calling for my attention, or the dirty kitchen floor. I'm grateful for the beauty of nature, the chance to save it, and the opportunities I can provide for my kids to explore it.

    I've got a lot to be thankful for this Fourth of July. How about you? What do you have to be grateful for?Source URL: http://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2009/07/giving-thanks.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive