Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Quick Five Favs of NYC

    Hey everyone!

    Right up front I'm going to apologize for the brevity of today's post. I've been immersed in my new paranormal work in progress, working and trying to get back to baseline after a wonderful National conference in NYC. As a result I forgot until tonight, the 12th. Plus...I swallowed a bug on the way home :D

    I had a great time the eight days I was there, despite a bomb scare in Times Square, a delusional rapper on a lamp post rapping for 2 hours and overdosing on cheesecake. But here are some of my top favorite things about NYC.

    1. The food. Seriously, you can get anything you want, any time you want and never cook. We had great Italian at Tramonti's served by the dreamiest REAL Italian guys. Ummmm..yes Mario, I will have more cheese.

    2. The diversity. Not just a handful of people from different countries but from ALL the countries of the world were represented at any one time. Yes, including Mars and other points south.

    3. The history. I did the requisite tour bus twice and learned something new each time. For instance, Bellevue hospital invented the hyperdermic needle! The were the first hospital to seperate OB patients from the general population, the first bypass surgery and microscopic surgery. No deets on if they pioneered plastic surgery but odds were are they did.

    4. The pups. I was missing my kitties so bad three days in. Surprisingly, New Yorkers do not walk their cats but they DO their dogs...so I made the best of it. Cooing, and petting everyone I could including the explosive detection yellow lab. Oh, and I asked a police officer if I could pet his horse because I missed Cricket. He replied "Ah, geez."

    5. Broadway shows. Man, I wish I had the time and money to go to every one. I did see "Anything Goes" which was BEYOND wonderful!!! I was actually tap dancing in my seat and sang the songs for hours afterward.

    That's all I have for now. It would take multiple blogs to tell all about my trip but there is a storm going on and kitties that need cuddling. So give my regards to Broadway...

    Have you been to NYC? What are some of your favorite things? If not, what would you like to see?Source URL: https://plasticsurgerycelebrities.blogspot.com/2011/07/quick-five-favs-of-nyc.html
    Visit plastic surgery celebrities for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive